Chevron Gray & Yellow

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm Spicy

By now you know that I'm am no Julia Child. Recently, in efforts to start eating healthier and be more conscious of what I am eating, I have been preparing more of my own food. Much to my dismay, this has included cooking...well, I am I guess you can count scrambled egg whites as cooking.

I have taken the time to explore our neighborhood grocery store in order to find tasty yet healthy options. There's only so much you can do to spice up a chicken breast. As I was perusing the spice isle earlier this week, I noticed an interesting bottle of hot sauce. Spicy Mango! YUM! I was a little timid at first, but the price was pretty decent so I picked it up. After adding it to chicken breasts and, yes, even egg whites, I realized I have discovered a new love. The chicken turned out super moist and slightly tangy. The egg whites were actually a little sweet and had just the hint of a kick. You've gotta try it! Tropical Pepper - Spicy Mango Pepper Sauce. Happy cooking!
“It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it.” - Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment