Chevron Gray & Yellow

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

From the South with Love - Part II

While My Hero was in Charlotte for a football tournament, my parents took advantage of the extra space in my apartment as well as the much needed time with me.
Of course I was late getting off work. Thank goodness my kind neighbors let them inside my building so they didn't have to wait outside in the cold. Welcome back to NYC! After a rejuvenating night's sleep, Mom was ready to shop, shop, shop. Dad was mentally prepared to trudge around with us and "ooh" and "ahhh" over our findings. First stop and the longest, but most successful was Lilly Pulitzer. The rain didn't slow us down. We then toured FAO Schartz to see if there was anything of interest for my nieces... We then ventured downtown to see all the home goodies at Fishs Eddy...creepy hand-molds and all...where we also met up with my girl friend, Ace of Spades. Before venturing home, we toured through the floral oasis inside Macy's Annual Flower Show After an exhausting day, we headed home to rest and snuggle with Rockstar who fell in love with Dad. That's not an easy feat with this little guy. I was going to get a picture of them leaving in the taxi, but all of our eyes were filled with tears so I missed the moment. My Hero and I are so blessed to have such a loving family who welcomes the adventure of coming to the north and understanding our appreciation and love of NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment