Chevron Gray & Yellow

Monday, October 10, 2011

Staten Island Half Marathon

So I thought a good warm-up to the ING Marathon would be to run the Staten Island Half Marathon. I thought I was in pretty good shape, but the truth is, I don't feel quite prepared for the Marathon which is less than a month away. Despite the fact that I am getting over a head-cold, I feel like this race should have been easier. The hills were the worst part. Is it possible to do more hill work between now and November 6th and it be effective??? Ugh. I fear my confidence is shot. Any suggestions? Any?

Nevertheless, it was great to spend the day with a good friend, Rebecca Tessin. She was a rockstar on the course! Thank goodness she was there to tug me along. We made the best of the adventure to Staten Island and the beautiful weather we were blessed with.

(Rebecca on the ferry to Staten Island)

(View of Manhattan from the ferry)

(We made it to the island!)

(We are in our corral ready to start the race)

(Shot of Manhattan after the race)

(Becca after the race...stretch it out!)

(Me after the race...THANK GOD IT'S OVER!)

No comments:

Post a Comment