Chevron Gray & Yellow

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fashionably Late

So Fashion's Night Out (FNO) is over and done with, but a post MUST be made about the fabulous night. This year, I participated in a scavenger hunt headed by the lovely Lila Delilah of Madison Avenue Spy. Participants were charged with attending FNO events at several stores, taking a picture of a specified item, and tweeting it to Mrs. Delilah. 25 lucky participants (yep, I was one of them) were then invited to rendezvous at a hotel in the upper east side to collect a prize. I won an uber expensive beach cover-up that is simply divine.

It also just so happened that my night began with a BANG when I had the pleasure of meeting the most talented fashion photographer of street fashion, Mr. Bill Cunningham. I wrote about him earlier this year after watching the documentary of his life. Mr. Cunningham's blue coat caught my eye and I immediately knew it was him. He paused for a hot minute to take this picture with me.

We just so happened to be on Fifth Avenue and in front of Tiffany & Co, so we headed inside and, apparently back in time, to a Studio 54 themed soiree. But first we stuffed our faces with love pops.


Enter Studio 54 - disco balls, and plenty of sparkly baubles and gold dust. 


Another successful FNO! Can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment