Chevron Gray & Yellow

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Once upon a time...


It has been a long FOUR months without my husband and dog. This journey all began when I decided that life was too short not to go after something really big and not be afraid of failing miserably. Thank goodness for me, I am married to My Hero who encouraged me to figure out what I wanted out of life.

After we prayed long and hard for a vision and spent many hours chatting with equal parts excitement and nervousness, we decided to stay on this continent, then on the east coast, then narrowed it down to New York. The job search began. Long story short, I landed a fabulous job marketing precious baubles to a global market. EEEK! I had 3 weeks to move to the Big Apple...without My Hero. UGH! I would move and get our new life started while he stayed behind to wrap up his job.

The day we moved 5 suitcases of my clothes, etc (did I mention I love clothes?), I said goodbye to my precious dog and the South...


and I soon landed in the North in one of the most horrific snow storms of the century.


I unloaded all my belongings at The Webster...

...spent a few precious hours with my husband before he had to return to North Carolina, shed enough tears to fill an entire ocean and settled into my new life in the city.

It's been quite an adventure so far. Four months have passed since it began. There are a lot of wonderful details that happened in that four months, but there is more to come to get you caught up.

Good night and welcome to Y'all and Yanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment