Chevron Gray & Yellow

Thursday, June 24, 2010

GOOOOOOOOAL!

I had a fabulous dinner with My Hero last night. It was my suggestion to go to Outback Steakhouse...I was craving red meat. First of all, this rarely happens. My body must be iron deficient. Secondly, we had a gift card so I was totally up for it. By the way, I don't "cook." Hamburger Helper, Chocolate Turtle Cake and desserts are my specialty. My Hero does most of the cooking. I got over being ashamed of this a while ago. A very wise woman once told me that you can either cook in the kitchen or cook in the bedroom. I made my choice and I'm sticking to it! (Sorry if I offended anyone by that last comment...I've been married 7 years to the most fabulous man in the world who treats me like a Princess everyday. The fire's still H-O-T!) I digress.

So, we were sitting at dinner and chatting about our day when My Hero began telling me about the awesome soccer game he watched on TV during the day. We're not huge soccer fans, but we are in the midst of the World Cup so you have to watch and route for your country. In the end, the U.S. ended up winning 1-0 against Algeria. Awesome. But wait! There's more! Since we moved to NYC (a.k.a The Most Expensive City in the WORLD), we have cut back on a few guilty pleasures namely cable. I must admit that we only had basic cable while in Charlotte which would consist of probably 15 channels, but the cable gods smiled down upon us and we ended up with a full package of cable...for free. Oh, E!, how I miss thee! My Hero dearly misses ESPN. We nearly had to put him in detox since we don't have it now. I swear he broke out in sweats one night from withdrawals. Really! No Kidding! Unfortunately, the cable gods do not fly this far north...or is it that the Yankee cable gods aren't as charming and sweet as their southern counterparts?

After remembering that we don't have cable, I asked My Hero what channel he watched the game on. Wait for it...wait for it...ANSWER: The Spanish Channel. HAHAHAHA! (Oh, Jesus, please send ESPN to my main man!) The poor thing is so desperate for sports that he watched an entire soccer game with Spanish commentating. HAHAHAHA! The good news is that he said he actually picked up some Spanish terms while glued to the TV. THAT 'A'BOY!!!

And the moral of the story is:
Desperation can lead to valuable learning...even during the summer when a teacher's brain shuts off.

(At a Yankees game...isn't he CUTE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment