Chevron Gray & Yellow

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gitty-Up!

I went for my first jog/run in the city today. It was magically freeing despite the stops on every other block due to stop lights. I bet I looked super-cute jogging in place waiting for the next green light as "Eye of the Tiger" pounded in my ears. I did have fun maneuvering around the folks on their way to work though. It was kind of like playing dodge ball and the people were the ball. Since tearing my I.T. band in my hip over a year ago, I haven't had a good run or felt so energized. Sadly, I know the weather is going to be extremely cold soon so I think I will have to continue to apply my thermometer rule that I used in Charlotte - if the weather is lower than 32 degrees, I don't run outside.

During my run, I couldn't help but wonder if I should pull a "Kelly" (a.k.a. Kelly Bensimon from The Real Housewives of New York). HAHAHA! That was a fleeting thought. Maybe next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment