Chevron Gray & Yellow

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bastille Day Festival

My Hero had the day off so I thought to myself, "What better way to share the day together than by going to a street fair?" Oh, this wasn't just ANY street fair. This was the Bastille Day Festival. In hindsight, I think I made it sound much more exciting than it really was. Oops! Well, it wasn't exactly the standard NYC street fair with cheap clothing, sunglasses and fried foods. This street fair is held annually to celebrate France's Independence Day so everything at the event is FRENCH! Oui! Oui! Magnifique! Crepes for everyone!
I managed to squeeze through the crowd alive and make it out with only a freshly squeezed lemonade and turkey baguette. I viewed some gorgeous and well priced French themed posters, but couldn't decide on one, so my mayo and bread-crumbed hands were otherwise empty. I couldn't say the same for My Hero though. We got separated for a few minutes, but I found him at the end of the street back in America with 2 dogs. HA! He said, "Ooh, la-la. Bon appetit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment