Chevron Gray & Yellow

Monday, July 11, 2011

Tortoise & the Hare

The marathon is coming. I can't avoid it or back out now. I don't want to, but I do. I am torn. I am getting nervous already and I can't help it. What have I signed up for? 26.2 miles...that's what.

I wasn't accepted into the race via the standard lottery through New York Road Runners, but I recently found out that I was accepted via the Tiffany & Co. lottery. Thank you TCO! Apparently, there were so many people within the company that wanted to run this year, there was an actual lottery drawing. WOW! I made the cut! I feel honored.

I am in my third official week of training and enjoying most of it. The early morning workouts come too soon some mornings, but the thrill of the empty streets and the warm air beckon me. A new facet was added to my workout today...a running partner! YAY! I met a co-worker who is also a TCO employee, avid runner, entered to run in the marathon AND an AM pavement-peddler. We are going to test our running cohesiveness this week to determine if we are a good running fit. I have a good feeling about this.

On another note, several people have asked me about training for a marathon and how I am going about this arduous task. While I am certainly no expert on this subject, I do know that Runner's World is a great source for all things related to running. The magazine and site offer valuable insight, education, instruction and encouragement for runners. Through a little digging, I found the 4 month training schedule shown below. Happy running to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment