Chevron Gray & Yellow

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's the Little Things

I've been thinking a lot about the little and simple pleasures in life that bring great joy...even if it's just for a short time. Here are a few of my favorites. Please forgive the quality of the pictures since they were all taken with my phone.

Candy Corn: 'Tis the Season for this delicious sweetness that melts in your mouth. People either love or hate this candy. I LOVE it! I have a serious problem and can't control myself when it's around. I have done my best this year and only eaten 2.5 bags. Plus, I managed to share a few morsels. Not bad, Me! Self high-five! I also discovered caramel chocolate candy corn this year. YUM!

Barnum's Animal Crackers: I am not sure why these are technically called crackers...we all know they are really cookies. Anytime I have this snack, I am instantly brought back to my childhood. I always loved to carry the box around like it was my own purse after devouring the contents. I purchased a box the other day and the guy at the checkout register asked me if I was going on a field trip. HA! I think it's totally appropriate for a 30 year old to buy this treat for herself every now and then without being questioned. HAHAHA!

Manicure: I N-E-V-E-R paint my fingernails. Never. A 5 year old could paint her nails better than I can paint my own. I never get them painted either. I am so rough on my hands that it's just not worth the money. BUT my local salon had a great weekly deal recently that I just couldn't pass up so I went for it. After getting it done, I seriously couldn't stop looking at my nails! They were so pretty and shiny! No wonder some women do this all the time! Just like anything else, the newness wore off after a few days and the pretty paint disappeared into a cotton ball soaked with remover. It was fun while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment