Chevron Gray & Yellow

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Things I Know

Since moving to Manhattan, I've figured out a few things:
  • Female Manhattanites don't bring their lunch to work. How else are you suppose to look cute while prancing your way to work each day? They don't want to look like a bag lady either when carrying a super fashionable purse PLUS a lunch bag or tote on top of that. I just don't understand where they get the money to buy lunch every day. I've come to the conclusion that they just don't eat. That's probably how they stay so dang skinny. I hate them. I love food. I will be the bag lady.
  • My Hero is such a hard worker and truly a man of God. Our schedules have been nearly opposite of one another for a few weeks now, so we value the time we have together. Spending 13-15 hours in the car with him on our trip to Charlotte was the best quality time and most time we've had in a while. Good thing we get along. HA! This week has been especially difficult. His store is short staffed so he's been pulling long hours. We barely see each other when he rolls in at 11:00 each night and again in the morning when I am getting ready to leave for work. We might actually get to have dinner together this Friday night.
  • My Hero and I are diner people. There are so many places to eat in this city, but you can get really good food and a wonderful variety of food from a diner. We are still in search for "our" diner. You know, there was a diner where everyone convened on Seinfeld, there is a diner on Rules of Engagement, the cast of Friends consistently met at Central Perk...we want to find "our" place too.
  • The Upper East Side is the greatest place in the city to live...for us. We truly love our neighborhood. The East River is 1 block away, two grocery stores are 1 block away, TJMaxx is practically in my back yard, a great Chinese restaurant is across the street, the park is only 5 blocks away, the greenway is only 2 blocks away, a great nail salon is also across the street, a drug store is half a block away...I can go on and on.
  • Sometimes eating out is cheaper than fixing your own dinner. Our refrigerator is literally the size of one you might find in a dorm room. I am not exaggerating. We don't keep much food in our apartment since a) we don't have room for it, b) the grocery store is right around the corner and c) there are so many places to eat that are reasonably priced and that give you at least 2 to 3 servings of food. We can get a decent dinner, eat half and have the left overs for lunch or dinner the next day. Money saved.

1 comment:

  1. SO jealous... I want to be in NYC!!! =) Is your co. hiring? lol

    ReplyDelete