Chevron Gray & Yellow

Monday, July 26, 2010

Celebrate!

What a great weekend...well, it was a pretty darn good weekend. My Hero had to work most of it, but we got off to a decent start Friday evening. He was in the mood for steak and we hadn't officially celebrated the start of his new job so we headed to Ruth's Chris. YUM! I am not a huge fan of red meat, but if I am going to eat it, I will definitely eat it from Ruth's Chris. The meat is so juicy and tender, you can nearly cut it with a spoon. They also have the most delicious sweet potato casserole that is out of this world. My Hero doesn't even like sweet potato casserole, but he will eat the entire bowl all by himself if I don't scrape a couple spoonfuls as soon as it comes to the table. Just so you know, Ruth's Chris has a $39.95 special at most of their locations which includes a salad, entree, one side dish and a dessert. It's enough food for a small army. I finished nearly every last bite and had to roll home. P.S. We saw Justin Timberlake on our way home - he was filming a movie in Rockefeller Center.


Since My Hero was working most of Saturday, I rested, cleaned the apartment and took Rocky for a walk before heading out into the blistering heat to Tiffany to pick up a birthday gift for a girl friend, also a former Webster girl, Freckles. It was nice to walk through the doors as a pseudo-customer for the day. Aside from entering through the employee entrance, it was almost like I was a real customer. I even took time to peruse the beautiful bobbles on the first floor before leaving.

My Hero had to work again on Sunday, so I headed out to Essex Restaurant located in the lower east side of the city to celebrate Freckles' birthday. The place was packed and I was nearly melting by the time I got there. My grandmother has told me on numerous occasions that pigs sweat and women glow. HA! Nope. I SWEAT! EWE! The food was great and the company was even better.


After brunch, we walked around a bit and I snagged a picture of what looks like a melting-multi-color-bike. It was really a crochet bike cover. Hmmm...didn't know that bikes got cold.

I visited My Hero at work for a bit before heading home in the torrential downpour. Yep, guess who forgot her umbrella? Yep, that would be me. DOH! (Note to self: ALWAYS carry an umbrella)

We spent some quality time together Sunday night and My Hero thought it would be funny to snap this picture of me "cooking." Ummm, I was making tea. Move over Paula Deen!

Rocky comforted me from My Hero's harsh words and we watched an episode of My Boys together to end the evening on a good note.

3 comments:

  1. I love you both! Look how gorgeous you look! And your hero is looking like a real Manhattanite with his crossbody murse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth's Chris is my favorite spot for a celebratory meal!I love the BBQ shrimp and the sweet potato casserole. Just like your hero, I could eat the whole thing myself! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous in that dress! Ahhhhhhh, JT. J'adore him! Thank you so much for entering my blog's giveaway away for The Sart and Domino books over at The Lil Bee!

    ReplyDelete