Chevron Gray & Yellow

Monday, July 19, 2010

Confessions...

I have a problem...

I am an infomercial junkie. Phew. I feel better stating that. My secret indulgence is watching informative commercials about the latest and greatest food processors, make-up, facial cleansers, and various life altering products that one can purchase for "two easy payments of not $99.99...not $69.99...but $39.99!!! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! I can also get EXPRESS SHIPPING if I order within the next 14 and a half minutes!" HAHAHA! I realize how ridiculous this sounds, but I get sucked in nearly EVERY TIME! I swear to you I have seen the same Turbo Jam infomercial at least 8 times. I have a problem.

At the end of the day, it turns out that my favorite informercials are those pertaining to exercise and fitness. I must have been a nutritionist in another life because I absorb health and fitness information like a sponge. I also have to admit that I have ordered several products that I have seen on infomercials. Now, being my mother's daughter, you know that I would NEVER pay full price for these products. Ebay and Craigslist have come to my aid on several occassions so that I too can become the proud owner of the latest workout craze. You would also think that I would be thin as a rail and possibly blow away come the next big breeze, but that's truly not the case. You see, I love to eat as much as I love to workout. Thank goodness My Hero loves to workout as much as I do and eat as much as I do. He also loves to see the thrill on my face as I begin a new workout.

Here is a countdown of my favorite workout videos:
5) Yogalosophy - I am not a fan of yoga, but Many Ingber is pretty funny and makes the time fly. This video is definitely good on rest days when you don't need to get too intense, but need to move.

4) Minna Lessig's Emergency Workout - This was the workout video that got my craze started over 7 years ago. All it took was 6 short weeks and I was hooked. Her bubbly personality and stellar looks got me thinking that I would be the prettiest bride to ever walk down the isle.


3) Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer - These workouts are fabulous for days when you are short on time. They were designed to be stacked with one another so that you do at least 30 minute total sessions, but you can do them in 10 minutes increments. I am not a fan of Tony's bipolar personality as an instructor so this is the perfect amount of time for me to endure him without completely muting his direction.


2) ChaLEAN EXTREME - I am a huge fan of Chalene Johnson. I would love to have half her energy on my best day! I am only 8 days into this workout, but I can tell you that I really like it so far. I might love it by the time I am finished. We'll see. As best that I can tell, this is the female version of Tony Horton's P90X.


1) Turbo Jam - I HEART TURBO JAM! I have been doing this workout for several years now and I never tire of it. Once again, Chalene Johnson is the magic behind this money maker! Her funky enthusiasm and true white-girl personality are adorable! I feel like a million bucks after sweating along with her.


BONUS) This is My Hero's pick - Tony Horton's P90X. I am not a huge fan just because I feel that the workouts were better designed for a man's body to create more bulk. There is even a version to obtain lean bulk. I know that doesn't make much sense, but I didn't really care for the curves I lost doing this workout. You may love it. I wasn't a fan, but my very athletic and competitive husband really enjoys this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment