Chevron Gray & Yellow

Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Excursion


As much as I am in love with this city right now, I took the opportunity to get outta dodge this past weekend. A co-worker suggested we head to the LIRR and head to the beach. I admit that I wasn't overwhelmingly excited as I should have initially been because, well, let's face it, North Carolina has some of the most beautiful coasts in this country. How could the beaches here be as lovely? Well, they are.

We got up early Saturday morning and met at Penn Station, bought tickets and were on our way to Long Beach in no time. We hit the coast after a short and easy 45 minute train ride. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I got off the train, but it was definitely magic to my nostrils. The salt-watery air hit my lungs and I drifted off for a brief moment to my own corner of heaven.

We spent a leisurely afternoon basking in the sun acquiring a nice glow to forego the near transparent tone originally acquired at birth. Well, that was just me. My girl friend has gorgeous, olive skin and could be a relative of Sofia Vergara from Modern Family. She has a great personality as well. Dang her! By this time of year, the locals were tan and leathery and tipsy by 4:00. Their New Jersey accents were flying by then! It was a wonderful cultural experience! HA! I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment